Thread: [H]ardOCP Reviews Worst PSU Ever

Platinum Member

[H]ardOCP Reviews Worst PSU Ever

If you thought the results for the Corsair CX750 were bad, this new review of a LEPA MX F1 600W PSU takes the cake: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/...9#.VNFy3C6gTcQ

Every race needs a winner and a loser, today though, the LEPA MX F1 600W was not so much the winner or loser but more of the car that caught fire on pit row before the race started and then was scratched from the race due to it being a flaming pile of scrap metal....

If I were to call this product a turd or crap that would be an offense to real turds and crap products like the Diablotek PHD650, Ultra X2 750W Exploding Edition, VisionTek 700W, etc because those units even outclass this one. That isn't a joke, and one of those units was a 550W unit that someone put a 750W label on!

... I think Typhoid Fever might be preferable to working with this CWT design again, and I rather hope that no one else is using this CWT design other than LEPA in this product because it is bad on a scale that is hard to make apparent without sounding like it is being blown out of proportion. It isn't being blown out of proportion, however.

The LEPA MX F1 600W is the WORST power supply we have ever seen...

Past Administrator

Re: [H]ardOCP Reviews Worst PSU Ever

ouch....

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    If you thought the results for the Corsair CX750 were bad, this new review of a LEPA MX F1 600W PSU takes the cake: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/...9#.VNFy3C6gTcQ
    Then they must not have ever seen the power supplies provided with BFL ASIC products.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Then they must not have ever seen the power supplies provided with BFL ASIC products.
    +1

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Lol so true. I remember reading that if a BFL PSU burnt your house down, your home insurance wouldn't cover a dime of the damage because of you using a PSU that has no certification (such as being UL certified) of any kind.