Thread: SETI@Home: Statement on Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence/Active SETI

Diamond Member

SETI@Home: Statement on Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence/Active SETI

In conjunction with other interested members of the SETI community, we've written a statement on beaming messages to other planets.

The essence of the conclusion is that a few people shouldn't be making this decision for an entire planet.

More...

Gold Member

Re: SETI@Home: Statement on Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence/Active SETI

John, I can't talk to you anymore. I can't make the decision for all of Arkansas to talk to someone in Tennessee.
    6r39 7r199

Platinum Member

I would reply to you, but i can't since i haven't asked all of Tennessee for permission to talk to someone in Arkansas.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I would reply to you, but i can't since i haven't asked all of Tennessee for permission to talk to someone in Arkansas.
    Plus, if Tennesseans are capable of receiving the message, it MUST mean they are way more advanced than Arkansans.

Diamond Member

The smallest minority in the world is me, good that my rights are not subject to Arkansas and Tenesse.

I hope that one day we dont need the vote of Aldebaran to have some rights.

I was used to dictatorship anyway, no need to vote for all of us to know that we are a minority with no rights, maybe democracy is just a waste of time.

Very Bad Duke
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever