Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: World Community Grid: The end of the beginning is near for FightAIDS@Home

Silver Member

Re: World Community Grid: The end of the beginning is near for FightAIDS@Home

Quote Originally Posted by E-30 View Post
    What badge are you going after
    I personally was going after the 180 day badge. With Mumps help I gained about 20 days before the well ran dry. I have a day left in my main.....my set and forget is empty and Mumps with his 200 cores is empty too. Yes, it's all over except for the final tally. The site is currently showing me with 135 days. Have quite a few pending and like I said, I have about a day to go in my main. Will I make up that last45 days I need?? Probably will be short.

Gold Member

You could use ThrottleStop or Intel Extreme Tuning utility to set your CPU multiplier down very low - the work units you have will take much longer.

Silver Member

Or go in your bios and set it to 1 on the multipier

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by E-30 View Post
    Or go in your bios and set it to 1 on the multipier
    My bios only allows me to go to 6. But I'm so under-clocked now, if 1.2GHz isn't slow enough, it won't do any good. LOL Ram is also under-clocked and going to give this the best try I can.

Diamond Member

There will also be re-issues. Make sure you don't fill up your queue with other junk. You want BOINC to stay hungry and keep asking.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    There will also be re-issues. Make sure you don't fill up your queue with other junk. You want BOINC to stay hungry and keep asking.
    My set and forget is now working on ugm. My main is only working on this and so will my c2q as soon as it finds an end to these Asteroids. I'll probably put the set and forget back on the "waiting" for any recycled work to come in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234