Thread: Snooze doesn't snooze

Gold Member

Snooze doesn't snooze

Anyone find that with FIND@Home, suspending activity either due to user request or exclusive applications does not actually work? When I snooze, the CPUs are still pegged.

Going to post this to their forums, but wanted to check here first. I may have to pull off of FIND until this is resolved.

Administrator

Re: Snooze doesn't snooze

Same thing happened here.
    I suspended FIND to allow a VolPex WU to run and found that all of the vina FIND processes were still running in task manager.
    I had to end each manually to shut them down.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    Anyone find that with FIND@Home, suspending activity either due to user request or exclusive applications does not actually work? When I snooze, the CPUs are still pegged.

Going to post this to their forums, but wanted to check here first. I may have to pull off of FIND until this is resolved.

You're wasting your time posting it ... a very long thread already exists. The admin doesn't have a clue how to fix it - programming isn't his thing.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You're wasting your time posting it ... a very long thread already exists. The admin doesn't have a clue how to fix it - programming isn't his thing.
    I see. Well I can shuffle a few things around but I'm going to nnt all of that project. Thanks for the heads up

I'll keep a few Xeon boxes on it but pull back quite a bit. When RL hits, it needs to hit.

Vic (mobile)

Platinum Member

Maybe a good opportunity to use max_concurrent on that project to limit the number of WU's that won't respond to the suspend requests. At least then you should have most of the system doing the real life stuff it's there for.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    When RL hits, it needs to hit.

Vic (mobile)
    Same comment made by several people and they've moved off the project because of it. I think I read that it DOES suspend w/ Linux but I'm old and might be mistaken on that.

Gold Member

I had to move off. I've put those machines on Sztaki instead. That should nearly double my output there. I won't have any machines I can put on FIND for a couple of weeks.

Administrator

FiND is now running out of work it seems, so the problem may cure itself shortly. I have about a day left then I'm moving on also.