Silver Member

Team MM: Top Ten Recommendations

Top 10 list based upon 2/20/2011 Free-DC data

Current Rankings
    1 92 SETI.Germany
    2 91 L'Alliance Francophone
    3 90 SUSA Let's fix this into a #1!!!!
    4 75 BOINC Synergy

This is a different kind of Team Mega Milestone (MM). For the ones with total project credits, once you reach a given level you have it forever (you can’t lose them). With the Top Ten MM’s, like Team #1’s MM, you can lose your position on the project and therefore a point on your Top Ten count. You are only locked in if the project ends while you are in the Top Ten. A team generally has to keep producing on active projects to maintain their position. Being as SUSA is a top team in the world, we should be able to be a top 10 team on virtually all projects. But alas we are not.

To correct this we tried to identify and recommend several projects that are within striking range of becoming a Top Ten project for the team if a little effort is applied to them.

We are recommending we make an effort to get EON, DistrRTgen and Sztaki into the Top Ten ranking. This not only involves reaching that level but then maintaining it by possibly crunching it to a few higher levels AND maintaining a daily RAC (Recent Average Credit) to hold the position.

So have at it team!!!

Some details follow for those who have time and interest to read them.

We looked at several projects already in the Top Ten but close to 10th place or falling. All four of these projects appear safe for now but might require defending down the road. For details join the Team MM group to read our private posts. These currently “safe” Top Ten projects include GPUGrid, Rosetta, NFS@Home and CAS@Home.

We looked at projects not in the Top Ten but close to 10th place. These are just the recommended ones.

EON is 11th: just over 1 million credits and with an artificial high 8th ranked RAC of due to the push to 1 million credits. We're 70K from 10th place (The Knights Who Say Ni!) who have a RAC of 1.2K. We have a good chance to get a 10th place here but will need a little help to hold onto it. In fact just today, 2/25/11, it reached 10th place but we should push this one further to keep it safely in Top Ten territory.

Sztaki is 12: With 3.8 million total but RAC is 9th at 5.5K. We're 160K from 10th and 180K from 9th but the 11th place team, Hungary, who recently passed us has an 8.8K RAC. Teams are tightly bunched here and there is a lot of up and down potential. We need to put some resources on this to get into top 10 and solidify our position. We could have the additional bonus of pushing this project to another 5 million MM as a bonus.

DistrRTgen is 12 and climbing: 4.4 million and RAC of 7K. We're within 300K of 10th place and at this RAC or higher we could reach 9th or 8th place. Recommend getting on this one and hitting it in the near term to boost out top ten count by 1. This one has a new GPU app so this might be an easier climb into the Top Ten ranks than it appears.

Details on other longer term possibilities to reach Top Ten points are mentioned in the Team MM group if you are interested. For details join the Team MM group to read our private posts. Those projects include Leiden Classic, RNA World and EVO@Home.

NOTE: Several team members have made informal commitments to contribute to the above 6 projects so this picture may change over the coming months. I suspect I might redo this post every 3 months or so.

NOTE2: I didn't and don't have time to see how SG and LAF are sitting for additions or loses to their Top Ten projects.

General personal disclaimer: The team’s main goal in my opinion is to regain #1 status on total credits which requires crunching the highest paying projects which tend to be GPU based projects. These projects listed here are for other team members who have different goals or a single PC and which to contribute to other team supporting goals or park and crunch on smaller projects to make an impact.
    Last edited by NJCaNS; 02-26-11 at 01:12 AM.

Silver Member

Re: Team MM: Top Ten Recommendations

FYI: I'll stay with EON a bit longer to keep it in the Top Ten but only as a secondary task to getting CAS@Home to 1 million.

Others, including Team MM group members, should add posts on what and when they will assist with some of these goals.
    Last edited by NJCaNS; 02-26-11 at 10:13 AM.

Gold Member

I'll probably do Sztaki after the Primegrid Challenge.
    6r39 7r199

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by trigggl View Post
    I'll probably do Sztaki after the Primegrid Challenge.
    Thanks Trig. We can always count on your help.

I must say, sarcastically, that this was a tremendously successful post already. Seems we're now tied for #1 already!!! Way to crunch Team.

While we slipped into the top ten on EON, SG somehow managed to drop out of a top ten the same day some where else. While we have this MM at a #1 it is a three way. While sometimes that can be fun it isn't so in this case. The wind could change and we'll be back to #3 again. So we should continue with this goal and recommendations to solidify our #1 position and drop LAF and SG do some non-#1 position.

Diamond Member

SZTAKI: I have my macs on this one. I make about 2k/day, and will remain on it for at least another 140k, which is when I get my 1M MM.

DistrRTgen: Since they released CUDA work about a week ago, I have been doing around 50k/day. As long as there is CUDA work, I will be crunching it. We are actually 2nd or 3rd in daily output now, with only two crunchers.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

I'm chasing a 1M on DistRTgen myself, so I'll be on it for a while. After I get the 1M on Leiden, I'm open to suggestions as to where to put my boxes next.

Platinum Member

I always have a little on Sztaki, I can up it some.

Platinum Member

Well, for those folks that are paying attention, we just hit 5 Mil on Sztaki. Putting us in a solid 9th place there. After the PG and Rosetta challenge phases, I'll bring a bit of resources back for another 1.3 Mil or so.

Silver Member

I’ve looked for the Team’s project recommendations/commitments but only found something from early 2011, and I don’t recognize most of those projects. Throughout the Forum there are individual threads on each project, where do I find the Team’s Masterplan? I assume it is a single living document/thread and is changed by Administrators as events and commitments change through the year, but where is it? Is it meant to be the Front Page of the web site? Is there a link on the Front Page to it?

MMMMMMMMMMMMM....looks like There are 20 some projects I can get up to 100k. Any you want first, let me know. took 2 days to hit just shy of 4m on Donate. Working Asteriod now with a Collatz chaser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast