Thread: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Gold Member

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

I noticed today that the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was available in the Windows Updates. I went ahead and installed it. So far, so good. Anyone else upgraded? If so, any issues?
    Spring 2008 Race: (1st Place)

Harley

Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I noticed today that the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was available in the Windows Updates. I went ahead and installed it. So far, so good. Anyone else upgraded? If so, any issues?

I've been holding off on updating. I'm waiting to see how it works out for other people first.

Diamond Member

I upgraded two machines. Once with dual 5870 and one with a 580. Both are still crunching fine.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I've been holding off on updating. I'm waiting to see how it works out for other people first.
    Yeah, I noticed it a few days ago in my system notices. I will not however install it. The primary reason is this little puppy ---> Update for Microsoft Windows (KB971033) which is one of the updates included in that Service Pack. This update "Phones Home" to M$ every 90 days to verify that the OS is not a pirated copy. Really? Yes, really. Every @&$# 90 days!!! Like I'm going to replace a genuine copy of Win7 for a bugged ridden hacked copy. Give me a break for crying out loud.....

FYI Link: 30+ Windows 7 Features Phone Home to Microsoft

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

I've had it since it was a beta release and have not had any problems with cpu or gpu crunching on my 3 machines.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours