Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Page

Silver Member

Front Page

Since I see no place on the forum for comments and suggestions in our Front Page, I thought I would start a thread. What is the Front Page? It's the first page most visitors to our site see. It's a small stepping stone for those wishing to join the team in the forum and also something that might sway others into joining when they sign up for projects. In the olden days, the story of the team founding was above all else. More recently, it appears the Front Page is being overlooked. When there was little to update on the founding, it was perfectly acceptable to ignore it. Team chat isn't going anywhere and Teamspeak is here, there, gone and here again depending on what's going on. I am hoping this thread is the beginning of suggestions for things to help improve our Front Page face. We all have opinions and suggestions for what may be a good thing to update there from time to time. Having a thread to allow those suggestions and comments makes it easy for even the newest member to chime in. This tread can also be used as a cattle prod to remind those admins who are in charge of our Front Page to make changes and updates when procrastination seems to be in play.

In honor of this first post in the newly created thread dedicated to the Front Page, I personally would love to see the top headliner read about our achievements this year. We normal members who slave long and hard for the team all know we slapped P3DN upside the head the best we could this year. Our newest members and visitors only know that there is something called the Pentathlon coming up. Even though that statement is always true, some of the facts need to be changed to reflect it's next appearance. Yes, it would be ok to leave some mention of the P on the front page as a reminder of previous years and those years yet to come. But I think it might be more appealing to others to place the WIN at the top and knock the info on the P down a slot as well as adding in our track record and the history of the event. This has been a very good year for our team. We should have a Front Page that reflects a living, breathing, fighting tooth and nail to be a team worthy of joining and becoming active members of. (Best to suck them in quickly because as we all know...."*th Annual BOINC Pentathlon is Just Around the Corner ". )

Platinum Member

Re: Front Page

If you want to see something on the front page, write it, format it, proofread it, and post it.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
    If you want to see something on the front page, write it, format it, proofread it, and post it.
    Seriously? You know I write erotica, am a professional Dominatrix and model on top of being a computer tech, right? I can write something up. I just can't guarantee that it will be team appropriate.

Administrator

I filled the gap for the time being.
    Last edited by Al; 08-22-15 at 02:28 PM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Very nice

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
    Thx bro.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Ok, now that we have just won our SECONDFormula BOINC, we need to update our headlines!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Did we do that? Wow!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    Ok, now that we have just won our SECONDFormula BOINC, we need to update our headlines!
    I have the post for FB written and tucked away in the Administration area. Unfortunately I'm having trouble getting it where it needs to be, but I'm working on it.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    Okay, finally figured out what I was doing wrong. Formula Boinc 2015 is now on the Front Page. Sorry it took so long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast