Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook group...

Silver Member

Facebook group...

I don't know how often our Facebook admins check the page, but we have A TON of spam on the group and it's not being dealt with. I'd be very happy to be an admin for that group if someone wants to do that, and I'm more than willing to take care of any issues that show up on our group... Let me know if I can help!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Platinum Member

Re: Facebook group...

Thank you for volunteering...

To be honest, I have no clue who even has the keys to the FB page. I'm not even on FB, so I know it's not me...

Gold Member

I'm not on Facebook either. I've seen too many problems on my grandkids computer to know to stay off of it.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    I'm not on Facebook either. I've seen too many problems on my grandkids computer to know to stay off of it.
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to follow things and stay up-to-date without Facebook. I'm currently waging the internal debate of "Do I even care?" If the answer to that turns out eventually to be "yes," the only way I can justify that is to do it under a pseudonym and only access Facebook from inside a VM to protect myself as much as possible.

So far, though, the answer to the question has been "not really."

Diamond Member

How do we fix this? This is serious.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Um.......I also would volunteer to be an admin for the Facebook page....if anyone knows where they left the keys. I am on Facebook at least a few times a day. For those wanting to risk the "scrypt has stopped responding" error due to the outside data storage of pics, jpegs, vids and feel comfortable with cutting off all the pages keeping track of one's info, keeping up with the Facebook thing isn't that big of deal. It usually takes care of itself. The SPAM in question is from an account that only occasionally spews shit. It did it last year about this time of the year too. The easiest way would be to make it a private group where one has to do the joys of being selected to join. The way our group face is there, I wouldn't suggest doing it. It's where more than just our team sees what we are doing. I almost want to suggest hitting up F$ to see if he knows who has the keys.

Diamond Member

Yeah, the point of the group is to get folks to join, not make it difficult.

And for the folks who think Facebook is a joke, or where your parents/kids/that-other-generation is, I feel your pain. But the reality is, that is where everyone is, even if they don't want to be.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by c303a View Post
    Me to, but not with Grandkids, da wife is the culprit... Always deleting stuff that gets automatically downloaded, while she is looking at pics and typing in chats.... Surprised her computer hasnt totally been reformatted with a clean OS on it... but give it time.

So me stay off facebook.. Ill do skype thank you! better security.

Silver Member

Contact has been made and he says it will be fixed.

Gold Member

[QUOTE=dcushing So me stay off facebook.. Ill do skype thank you! better security.[/QUOTE]

I use Skype a lot. My wife has relatives in Italy and we spend time talking to them plus I have met people all over the US using other media and we stay in contact. I also have friends that were in the Service with me and we stay in touch using Skype. I like the face-to -face meeting that you get with Skype.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast