Thread: Collatz: Sieve in Production; Large and Solo deprecated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member

Collatz: Sieve in Production; Large and Solo deprecated

The collatz_sieve applications have been changed from beta to production status so all volunteers will now be getting them. I also increased the sieve workunit size by 4 times. I expect it will take BOINC a while to re-adjust it's runtime estimates as they are based on floating point calculations which aren't used in Collatz except to show the percent complete. I deprecated the solo_collatz and large_collatz applications and disabled the associated work generators. Any that are in progress will still be validated, you just won't get any new solo or large WUs since you will receive sieve WUs instead. If the sieve application fails immediately after it starts, you probably need to install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ runtime and, since BOINC will send your computer both 32 and 64 bit applications, you will need to install both the 32 and 64 but C++ runtime (see main page for a link or just Google it).

More...

Diamond Member

Re: Collatz: Sieve in Production; Large and Solo deprecated

Whew! I *just* hit 25k hours for mini. Whew!
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne