Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello from Dallas!

Administrator

Re: Hello from Dallas!

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    The Little Green Men, are part of the tracking of our posts on the forums, so the more you get the more you've posted... And replying to posts in a thread always counts as another good post!
    And it is a matter of quantity not quality. For example, look at Maxwell's little green men and number of posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    The Little Green Men, are part of the tracking of our posts on the forums, so the more you get the more you've posted... And replying to posts in a thread always counts as another good post!
    Got it, thanks Justgeo1

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFox1 View Post
    Thank you Maxwell! I'm pretty excited to be here. Everyone has been really helpful. I'll be ready in May

Oh I see. I don't know about specialized hardware. Sounds like it would be expensive and I'm just a poor IT guy Also I keep forgetting to ask, but what is the little alien looking people under everyone's name and title? I have two green ones and you have green and purple?
    I have purple ones because I'm an Admin here. Comes with the title. Not sure why...

And the specialized hardware isn't too expensive, at least at the entry level. I picked up a couple little Ant miners a while ago for ~$20 each. Not sure what they are now, but there are some cheap entry options if you're interested. Of course, if you're not interested, then this is a moot point.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    And it is a matter of quantity not quality. For example, look at Maxwell's little green men and number of posts
    I'd REALLY like to argue this point, but I'm not sure I have much evidence to contradict Bryan's point...

Platinum Member

Welcome to the team.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Actually, rumour has it you can ask cineon_lut about undersizing power sources. I heard he's got a recent story to share about that.
    Oh no you didn't!

hey it was the first test of the rack under load.

Turns out it was actually the 30a 208v circuit I blew.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFox1 View Post
    Cineon_lut huh? lol When I see him I will ask him about it
    Yeah, had everything up and running nice and neat in the new datacenter. Distributed between some 30A 208v circuits. (or so I thought). I'm nicely remoting in that night with a cold beer, getting stress tests underway to make sure the HVAC and power are good under stress. Loaded up about 80% of the machines on SAT@Home until they disappeared on me. Poof they vanished from my remote desktop windows.

Then I got everything fixed up the next day. I was minding my own business winning the Denis@Home challenge until Mumps came in and ruined it for me. Again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345