For the last several months, Google has identified the Collatz apps as "having an unknown virus". I have asked Google for specifics since their scan states that Collatz has "Undetermined malware" and all virus scans I have done show no issues. Because other sites relay on their security tools, I have not been able to update the expired SSL certificate. Since the BOINC client will not fall back to HTTP if there is an issue with the SSL Certificate (e.g. it is expired), I had to remove the certificate. That means that logins are no longer encrypted. Thanks, Google, you've accomplished the exact opposite of what you intended and all attempts to get you to rectify the situation have fallen on deaf ears. Proof? The applications that Google complains about are exactly the same as the ones created several years ago (before the suspected trojan even existed). I can compile the application on a clean machined (fresh install of everything from DVDs direct from Microsoft) and the applications match the supposedly infected ones byte for byte. The issue is that in order to scan the files quickly, Google uses a "thumbprint" of each virus and if the application happens to have any code that matches the small snippet in the thumbprint, Google deems it to be infected. Google __should__ check for the real virus instead of a thumbprint when it finds an initial match. That would avoid false positives. Instead, they assume they are correct and ban the site. Hmmmm... I thought we were supposed to be innocent until proven guilty, not just suspected of being guilty. But, I guess that's what happens when you become the 800 lb. gorilla.

More...