Thread: DNETC Only using 72% of Each GPU?

Past Admin

DNETC Only using 72% of Each GPU?

This is new and just started yesterday. Checked my maching today and found that DNETC was only running at 72% on each GPU. Here is the specs.

AMD Phenom x2 Callisto560 running at stock.
    4gb mem.
    80 gb HD
    Win 7
    2 Sapphire HD5870's (one with dummy plug)
    Temps 72 and 77
    MB, Asus M4A79T Deluxe

This is only happening with DNETC. When I switch to MW usage jumps to 97%.
    Check the web and see recommendation of shutting down HT for intel but not an option on this AMD box. Everything was running fine a few days ago.

Thanks
    Mike.

Update: Over 200 errors running Dnetc. I'm at a loss for whats happening. MW runs fine. Dnetc is running into all kinds of problems. Wondering if it's W7? using a dummy plug with W7? The part that has me stumped is that it was running fine. I'll keep reading and taking it apart.
    Last edited by Mike029; 03-10-11 at 03:38 PM.

Platinum Member

Re: DNETC Only using 72% of Each GPU?

Is this a consistent load over the entirety of the WU? Like, when you're watching the load of the card in Afterburner or GPU-Z or something, it never gets above 72%? Or does it dip to that low of load at some points during the WU? If it's the second one, that's common - the irritating inefficiencies in how DNETC has coded their ATI app. If it's the first, then I'm not sure...

If it is the first, I might suggest turning on Crossfire and seeing if that helps. And install the latest "application profiles" when you do Crossfire.