Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMG@home

Silver Member

Re: BMG@home

Another new project to take me away from my goals. I can always use it as a filler of 100 hours towards another bronze star.

Gold Member

well so far I have had 3 wu's error out and all are showing 4 plus days to finish some as long as 7 days. not running the fastest computer here but it is an i7 2600k. they really taking that long.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

Not sure if shiva's experience is normal. I have 3 pending and the others appear to want to take longer. (no errors so far) Some could go a few days. We'll see how these work out. Not picking up any new ones as of now. I just wanted to get on the board with 100 hours.

Past Administrator

Okay, I've updated our team info on the project's website.

Crunch on!

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Gold Member

well I'm still getting junk. I'm showing 1051 hours on WUProp but I have no credit on BMG. every wu has errored out. don't know what is going on. guess I'm at least getting hours for it.
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    well I'm still getting junk. I'm showing 1051 hours on WUProp but I have no credit on BMG. every wu has errored out. don't know what is going on. guess I'm at least getting hours for it.
    I did good for the first few. Had 3 that kept going up on hours to go. Dumped 2 of them to let my other projects work. The third I'm using for wuprop hours and will expire before it finishes. It actually passed the deadline this morning. 119 hour in....10% complete.....1100 hours to go and climbing. Yeah, they have some buggy wus.

Silver Member

Ive been doing a couple BMG, all went to pending.... but 1 finally did validate (qurium)
    2 days, 1 work unit, 168 credits...
    piss pour credits, they must be using the default in the Boinc server of 1.5 credits an hour.

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Quote Originally Posted by dcushing View Post
    Ive been doing a couple BMG, all went to pending.... but 1 finally did validate (qurium)
    2 days, 1 work unit, 168 credits...
    piss pour credits, they must be using the default in the Boinc server of 1.5 credits an hour.
    The problem is the the guy running the show does not know how to change credits or give credits on a checkpoint. he asked for help on those but nobody replied that made sense or he understood how..

Silver Member

So glad I manage to do all but 3 of the ones I got. Yeah, they are piss poor credits. lol Still humping away on the one I'm working for wuprop. Over 200 hours on his one alone and.......3000 hours to go and climbing. Up to 11% now. This project needs more than just a little experienced help on all levels if it wants to survive.

Silver Member

BMG is retired, according to Boincstats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12