Thread: Wanted: 775 socket CPU (C2D/C2Q)

Diamond Member

Wanted: 775 socket CPU (C2D/C2Q)

I have an old machine with a puny E7400 C2D (G41 chipset), and I would like to upgrade the CPU. It can take anything up to a Q9650 (C2Q). I thought I had something like this sitting around gathering dust. But I probably gave it away.

Does anyone have one of these old CPUs (that is better than an E7400) that they want to get rid of?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Re: Wanted: 775 socket CPU (C2D/C2Q)

I have an E7600 laying around...

Only difference is it's about 10% faster

Edit: I also have a socket 775 mobo laying around with a G45 chipset.

Re-edit: I also have 2x2GB of 1066MHz DDR2 RAM laying around lol
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 04-06-16 at 11:34 PM.

Past Administrator

I think I still have a Q6600. Should I dig around for it? I might also have 4 Gigs of RAM for it.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Thanks for the offers JPM & F$!

No memory needed. The mobo has room for two DIMMs, and they are 2gb each already. Unless you have 4gb DIMMs?

The Q6600 was my first intel quad core chip. Fond memories! And I will likely take you up on your offer F$. And Thanks!

Unless... the quads that came after it were generally faster *and* lower power. I'm not sure what this thing can cool. Does anyone have a Q8300-Q9560? I seriously doubt it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post

No memory needed. The mobo has room for two DIMMs, and they are 2gb each already. Unless you have 4gb DIMMs?

The Q6600 was my first intel quad core chip. Fond memories! And I will likely take you up on your offer F$. And Thanks!

Unless... the quads that came after it were generally faster *and* lower power. I'm not sure what this thing can cool. Does anyone have a Q8300-Q9560? I seriously doubt it, but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
    I do have a Q9550 but already promised it to another team member a few months ago. Would've shipped it out already but lost it for a few months. Now it's found but waiting to hear if he still wants it. If not it's yours.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I do have a Q9550 but already promised it to another team member a few months ago. Would've shipped it out already but lost it for a few months. Now it's found but waiting to hear if he still wants it. If not it's yours.
    So like okay, I'll dig it up but wait on J.P.M's notice.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    So like okay, I'll dig it up but wait on J.P.M's notice.
    Sorry to get your hopes up Z, but he does still want the Q9550. Really didn't know that he would with as long as it's been.

Ball is in your court, F$

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    Sorry to get your hopes up Z, but he does still want the Q9550. Really didn't know that he would with as long as it's been.

Ball is in your court, F$
    Okay Z, if your still interested, It's yours.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

If all else fails, I have an dual core e2200 cpu sitting in a drawer, with asrock mobo, and 4 gigs of memory.
    Would be good for bitcoin, since its a low wattage cpu. (dont have any socket 775 fans though, they all went into the rbox replacement fans)
    All one has to do is mount it in a case (with a new cpu fan), and apply power.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by dcushing View Post
    If all else fails, I have an dual core e2200 cpu sitting in a drawer, with asrock mobo, and 4 gigs of memory.
    Would be good for bitcoin, since its a low wattage cpu. (dont have any socket 775 fans though, they all went into the rbox replacement fans)
    All one has to do is mount it in a case (with a new cpu fan), and apply power.
    Thanks for the offer DC. I will go with the Q6600 for now.