Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teamviewer nag

Silver Member

Re: Teamviewer nag

FWIW, there are many "free" remote access offerings, such as the ones shown here https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote...-tools-2625161 Years ago I was told there is nothing "free", so who really knows . . .

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by somanyroads View Post
    FWIW, there are many "free" remote access offerings, such as the ones shown here https://www.lifewire.com/free-remote...-tools-2625161 Years ago I was told there is nothing "free", so who really knows . . .
    sorry to inform you of this but, you get nothing for nothing, Santa Clause is dead!!!
    https://signature.statseb.fr/sig-1240.png[/url]

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by shiva View Post
    sorry to inform you of this but, you get nothing for nothing, Santa Clause is dead!!!
    Wow, guess who got a stocking full of coal . . .

Administrator

I didn't do anything and the nag screens and time limits are gone this morning.

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

My home PC is now able to connect to any system with a nag except my work PC. I still have a time limit connecting to it and any system I connect to from my work PC has the 40-50 second time limit. I've installed RealVNC as an alternative for the time being. The free version allows 5 PCs to the setup under an account and has a similar authentication method as TV; log into a main account, ability to connect to systems logged into the same account with additional pwd authentication. Free version doesn't have file transfer and I couldn't get it work on Linux Mint 17.3, first attempt anyway. Anydesk scares me. Any hacker who guesses a valid system id can beat away on your system trying to get in. I couldn't get Anydesk to accept a remote connection either.
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 07-24-18 at 09:34 PM.

Administrator

Something that I noticed this morning is that my computer IDs are changing. I've had 3 that tossed out the old ID and issued a new one, 7 digits long starting with a 1. I hope that stops.

TV still has me effectively shut out. Limiting all connections to 50 sec and having to wait 10 minutes to reconnect. So heck with them. I've moved on with RealVNC on 5 systems. I can connect locally to the others using regular VNC. Here's a page that explains how to get a VNC server running on linux Mint 17.3...
    http://www.informaticapressapochista...linux-mint-17/

Administrator

I'm not having any problems now .... everything is totally back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I'm not having any problems now .... everything is totally back to normal.
    I think they are picking on me because my systems are at 2 different locations and I connect to all of them from both of the locations.

Administrator

They jumped me a coupleof years ago when I was bring up the new replacement machines. Rather than getting off my butt and walking to another room I was doing all the setups for Win and Linux from my laptop. It looked like I had 20 machines since they were dual boot. I started getting a nasty gram and then after a couple of days it did the thing of you are commercial. I called them up and talked to them and the support person told me to send in a description of what I was doing and then a printout of a couple of log files.

So told them about BOINC, gave them the link, and then explained it was volunteer scientific computation for medicine, astronomy, protein folding, etc. Once she got my email she marked my account as personal and I haven't had any more trouble until this bout.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast