Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual hexcore Z600's

Diamond Member

Re: Dual hexcore Z600's

Whelp, I have an executor on order now. Should arrive a week from monday.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Has anyone rolled a T7500 from Win 7 to Win 10?

Diamond Member

I will try that when I get it.

Here is the way it works, per Paul Thurrott on windows weekly : You have a win 7 or win 8/8.1 machine. Once you update (free) to win10, that machine is assigned a win10 license/entitlement forever. Then you use the roll back feature to win7 (or 8/8.1) within 30 days. Then if you ever want to go back to win10, even after the July 30 deadline, you can.

So I am going to go through this process for all my win7 machines prior to july 30, and then roll back.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I will try that when I get it.

Here is the way it works, per Paul Thurrott on windows weekly : You have a win 7 or win 8/8.1 machine. Once you update (free) to win10, that machine is assigned a win10 license/entitlement forever. Then you use the roll back feature to win7 (or 8/8.1) within 30 days. Then if you ever want to go back to win10, even after the July 30 deadline, you can.

So I am going to go through this process for all my win7 machines prior to july 30, and then roll back.
    Well, you can create a media cd after you install windows 10. after that you can install it on that machine or others if you unplug the eithernet upon install.
    windows 10 is nice and yes you can disable the automatic updates in services.

HF

Diamond Member

Heh. Unplugging the network would make it difficult to run BOINC. But the way I describe leaves you with win7/8/8.1 as long as you like, while also giving the option to upgrade to win10 for free after the deadline. Just keeping the free upgrade option alive, after it expires.

Platinum Member

If you do a free "upgrade" from win7/8.1 to win10, you do not receive an activation (product) key, and no amount of digging will uncover one. M$ determines your computer is allowed to use Win10 by memorizing it's hardware configuration and storing this information on their servers, then creating some sort of secret key code from that. If you change your hardware, you're done. If only you had a product key...but wait! M$ will gladly give you a product key for your "free" "upgrade" for the low price of $100

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    If you do a free "upgrade" from win7/8.1 to win10, you do not receive an activation (product) key, and no amount of digging will uncover one. M$ determines your computer is allowed to use Win10 by memorizing it's hardware configuration and storing this information on their servers, then creating some sort of secret key code from that. If you change your hardware, you're done. If only you had a product key...but wait! M$ will gladly give you a product key for your "free" "upgrade" for the low price of $100
    All this is true. But worst case, you still have the win7/8 that you are using now. My point is that there is only up-side with what I described above.

Silver Member

FWIW I would recommend to anyone considering an upgrade to 10 read this article first. For me there is NFW that I'm upgrading ever no matter how much propaganda MS tries to shove down my throat.

http://betanews.com/2016/02/06/windo...etry-disabled/

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    FWIW I would recommend to anyone considering an upgrade to 10 read this article first. For me there is NFW that I'm upgrading ever no matter how much propaganda MS tries to shove down my throat.

http://betanews.com/2016/02/06/windo...etry-disabled/

Resistance is futile... you will be assimilated. borg.gif
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Advisor - Stateside Division

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Whelp, I have an executor on order now. Should arrive a week from monday.
    Did you get it? What do you think?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast