Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFS@home Challenge Need Fast Ships

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

Re: NFS@home Challenge Need Fast Ships

The 16e WUs require up to 1GB RAM. If your system doesn't have enough physical memory, it will use virtual memory (paging memory in and out of RAM and onto disk) which is horribly slow. If you don't have enough RAM, run the 15e and 14e WUs. They only require up to .5GB RAM. If you want more credit, run 15e as they pay better than the 14e. If you want badges, run both.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    The 16e WUs require up to 1GB RAM. If your system doesn't have enough physical memory, it will use virtual memory (paging memory in and out of RAM and onto disk) which is horribly slow. If you don't have enough RAM, run the 15e and 14e WUs. They only require up to .5GB RAM. If you want more credit, run 15e as they pay better than the 14e. If you want badges, run both.
    -or-

Since the 16e pay 3-4X the 14/15e WU then you can reduce the number of threads running 16e so it fits into your available memory. You'll get more credits that way

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    -or-

Since the 16e pay 3-4X the 14/15e WU then you can reduce the number of threads running 16e so it fits into your available memory. You'll get more credits that way
    Quote Originally Posted by scole of TSBT View Post
    I thought I had 6GB on this thing... I actually have 8GB and only 56% is being used. I killed GoofyGrid and WUProp and that cleared up 6 of the 8 threads. I still have 2 threads running in the red for some reason; however, it's no longer showing ridiculous completion times. Even the 16e say they'll complete in 2.5 hours... so we'll see.

I'm just running NFS for the challenge but I will be more that happy to take any credit or badges I gain.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Diamond Member

I have seen the problem with GoofyGrid in the past. wuprop is not contributing to the problem, so turn it back on.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    I have seen the problem with GoofyGrid in the past. wuprop is not contributing to the problem, so turn it back on.
    Will do... Thanks.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

There are 2 very fast movers from GridCoin. Neuraminer is doing 30k/hr and the UofS is at 22k. The 1st one will definitely take the top spot and the 2nd one will be right on top of Scole at the end ... hard to predict how that one will finish.

Teamwise, it looks like Gridcoin is running about equal to our output so they will have a hard time overcoming our lead.

@Pete, nice run there

Diamond Member

With PG dev shut dow, I am back 100% on this now.

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

The Borg shall not win!

Diamond Member

Late start due to star chasing, but I am up to 11th place. Not bad! I think that is as high as I will go, as everyone above me is crunching at a higher rate.

Can anyone get the comparison graphs to work?

Also, do we have this in the bag already? I have no problem continuing to crunch it. But if it's not needed, I could be working on other goals.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Late start due to star chasing, but I am up to 11th place. Not bad! I think that is as high as I will go, as everyone above me is crunching at a higher rate.

Can anyone get the comparison graphs to work?

Also, do we have this in the bag already? I have no problem continuing to crunch it. But if it's not needed, I could be working on other goals.
    We went to Pirate team, U went to scottish boinc team, cant help yah...

NFS@Home zombie67 [MM] SETI.USA The Scottish Boinc Team

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast