Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rgathright on the top #20 Participant List for Androic.

Platinum Member

Re: rgathright on the top #20 Participant List for Androic.

Sweet board! Is the memory shared between the 2 chips, or are they dedicated?

Joined Original Message Board: Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:47 pm, Currently with 11298 Posts

If it ain't crunch'n, unplug it!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybob View Post
    Sweet board! Is the memory shared between the 2 chips, or are they dedicated?
    I don't know!

Investigating this beast will certainly be half the fun.

Instruction Manual? I don't need no stinkin manual! LOL
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Past Administrator

Thanks for the article - yep, that was the first thing I did on there - unlock the CPU and O/C it to 3GHz. The BIOS sees it as some kind of AthlonII dual core @ 3GHz. And all for $29.99 at Fry's on sale!

Oh yeah - have to add I'm totally jazzed about your new mobo! What a SWEET rig that is going to be!

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thanks for the article - yep, that was the first thing I did on there - unlock the CPU and O/C it to 3GHz. The BIOS sees it as some kind of AthlonII dual core @ 3GHz. And all for $29.99 at Fry's on sale!
    You turned a single core Sempron into a dual-core! Fantastic!!

I was so excited when I first did it. Made my computer boot and operate on the internet noticeably faster as well.

Keep an eye out for cheap AMD quad cores on Ebay now. They will be the only processor that will make a noticeable difference in that machine now.

Time... I have to wait for several days before the specialized G34 heatsinks come in. Once they do, I plan on getting a basic Windows XP OS on the box ASAP. Already have cables attached to motherboard, it's very own operating table. CRUNCHENSTEIN, come alive!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12