Thread: Uploading a crapton of WUs at once

Platinum Member

Uploading a crapton of WUs at once

In an effort to hit some of those low-lying MMs, I hopped on Goldbach the other day when it had WUs (the upperCASE WUs that run for 2min). Now I have an issue...

On one computer, I have ~7000 tasks to report, and on another one I have ~3800. All tasks have been uploaded, I just need to report them. The project is up, and I am able to connect to it just fine on computers without a crapton of tasks.

However, when I attempt to report these tasks, I get one of the two:
    - Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)
    - HTTP internal server error

Is there anything I can do from my end to help get these tasks uploaded?

Past Administrator

Re: Uploading a crapton of WUs at once

Just a guess... You will have to wait for the project admin(s) to reset the server(s).

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

On a different machine, crunch a single task, and see if you can report it. If yes, then you know the server is working, but will not work with reporting the sheer number of tasks at once. Maybe try suspending all but a few and see if it works? Can you even suspend a task waiting to report?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    On a different machine, crunch a single task, and see if you can report it. If yes, then you know the server is working, but will not work with reporting the sheer number of tasks at once. Maybe try suspending all but a few and see if it works? Can you even suspend a task waiting to report?
    Tried that, and it works. And you can suspend a completed task, but it tries to report it anyway.

I'm guessing this is a "wait and hope" thing...

Edit: the "sched_request_goldbach.pl" file is 10 Mb. Is that part of the problem? Any way to break it up?

Diamond Member

I recall that this was a whole discussion point on the BOINC mailing lists a while back. Let me see what I can dig up.

Edit: Found the thread on that forum (even posted to it myself back in the day). Looks like you're dorked.

http://goldbach.pl/forum_thread.php?id=49
    Last edited by zombie67; 03-16-11 at 08:44 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne