Thread: Samsung makes 16TB SSD

Platinum Member

Samsung makes 16TB SSD

For only $10k you can have a commercial grade 16TB Samsung PM1633a SSD. Regular 2.5 inch form factor but 15mm thick. For only $6k you can get the 8TB version. Bargain!

Silver Member

Re: Samsung makes 16TB SSD

Bargain? Oh yea! This reminds me of a time long ago when I first started building my own rigs. I told a friend I was installing a 20GB HDD and he thought I was crazy. His thinking was, and I quote, "What are you going to do with all that space? Store the library of congress."

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

I remember when hard drives were an expensive option... and a floppy held 180k of data... And my system had 48k of ram... look at us now!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    Bargain? Oh yea! This reminds me of a time long ago when I first started building my own rigs. I told a friend I was installing a 20GB HDD and he thought I was crazy. His thinking was, and I quote, "What are you going to do with all that space? Store the library of congress."
    I remember the quotes from friends of mine regarding 10MB "Fixed disk" drives that "you will never in your lifetime fill that up" Now I can't even boot my phone with less than 10MB

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by cineon_lut View Post
    I remember the quotes from friends of mine regarding 10MB "Fixed disk" drives that "you will never in your lifetime fill that up" Now I can't even boot my phone with less than 10MB

I remember my computer teacher in 1980 say, "You'll never need more than 64K of RAM".
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up