Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down Time...

Administrator

Down Time...

I'll be taking my rigs offline for a week or so... hopefully it cools off a little. Last months power bill was $200+ and I can't really afford another one. Unfortunately, I know that I will be lying in bed at night worrying about all the credits I'm missing out on.

It says it's a fairly nice 95 degree day... at the airport. Too bad it's 113 on my patio. Maybe I should move to the airport.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Administrator

Re: Down Time...

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    I know that I will be lying in bed at night worrying about all the credits I'm missing out on.
    It's not healthy to lose sleep!! How many credits do you want and on what project(s)? If you say "Seti" then you had better invest in sleeping pills

Silver Member

Heat is not good for computers or people... Hope you can get back to crunching sooner than later!

If it's not broken, give me 5 more minutes!

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    It's not healthy to lose sleep!! How many credits do you want and on what project(s)? If you say "Seti" then you had better invest in sleeping pills
    Bad Bryan, STMahlberg say to the team where do you want the credits and I bet you will have them, not much on my side but I will be where you need me, I bet most of the team will be with you for some days.

EVEN ON SETI.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    Bad Bryan, STMahlberg say to the team where do you want the credits and I bet you will have them, not much on my side but I will be where you need me, I bet most of the team will be with you for some days.

EVEN ON SETI.
    Sorry Duke ... I offered to help him. I don't run Seti for anyone including myself. Period, end of statement! If my offer isn't good enough then stuff it!

Diamond Member

Sorry Duke ... I offered to help him. I don't run Seti for anyone including myself. Period, end of statement! If my offer isn't good enough then stuff it!
    It is a joke Bryan, why do you think I am crying.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Administrator

Anyone ever tell all you guys how awesome you are!?

Thank you Bryan, I appreciate your offer and I will keep that in mind. I don't plan on being down to long, I just need to give my power bill a break for a week and temps are suppose to start dropping a little. And I wouldn't wish Seti on anyone... that is such a painful project to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Justgeo1 View Post
    Heat is not good for computers or people... Hope you can get back to crunching sooner than later!

Trust me it won't be long... I've got the itch for crunching and I blame all of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post

EVEN ON SETI.
    I appreciate the offer as well Duke. One of the many great things about this Team is the help that you can count on.

I was letting the wu's complete on what was running and then it dawned on me that my laptop doesn't use a lot of power or put off much heat, so I plan on moving my Rboxes to that rig. So I'm going to let BU continue to run.
    "My god! Do we really suck, or is this guy really that good?" - Mr Hertz - Shoot 'Em Up

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by STMahlberg View Post
    Anyone ever tell all you guys how awesome you are!?
    Trust me it won't be long... I've got the itch for crunching and I blame all of you guys.
    Blame me for sending U that 750w corsair power supply. Itll suck some power if U let it! Believe me!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dcushing View Post
    Blame me for sending U that 750w corsair power supply. Itll suck some power if U let it! Believe me!
    Haven't got that up and running yet... waiting for hopefully cooler weather. I'm going to hotwire it and let it run the RBox 100.

Administrator

Looks like this weekend will be the last of the 3 digit temps. So Monday I'll be firing everything back up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast