Thread: The new PPS(sieve) tasks for new app are out (sort of) [cpu/gpu]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gold Member

The new PPS(sieve) tasks for new app are out (sort of) [cpu/gpu]

They are hard to come by, but there are new PPS(sieve) tasks out for the new app. There are cpu and gpu apps out. So far, it looks like the gpu/cuda app works well enough, but it appears the credits awarded are less than before per time crunched. A word of warning: the last cpu app tasks I tried for linux error-ed out complaining of an invalid "T" option. Anyways, since the last challenge of the year uses this subproject, I thought I would do some test runs. My gpu(cuda) tasks seem to be doing ok. Will post an update when the Linux CPU app gets stable.

Update:
    All CPU apps have been pulled until they are fixed. The -T flag forces use of the new tpsieve version. This will help prevent any app_info users from mistakenly using ppsieve which would only produce +1 factors. tpsieve is producing +1 AND -1 factors.

We do not yet have Mac version of any of the apps. However, that should be resolved in the next couple of days.

As for credit, adjustments will be made as necessary...which means yes, they will be increasing.
    Last edited by trigggl; 11-20-10 at 12:09 PM.
    6r39 7r199