Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
Which projects run the Credit Poo? I would very much like to avoid them if at all possible or at least until this DA character drops dead and reality sets in again.
I'm pretty sure all of the ones participating in the EURO Crunch 2012 Series use CreditNew. It is hard to say for sure because there isn't a version x.y.z for the server code, but rather changset numbers and the numbers change daily. While they date the changes, one can't tell from the changeset number when it was last changed. All I can say for sure is that even though DA made the code change, only projects which have upgraded their servers since that code change are now using that new logic.

DA must watch COPS where are the criminals are idiots. His "fix" assumes that the person cheating who has all the tools necessary to build his own version of the BOINC client, is dumb enough to only increase the flops count. Yep. Like the hacker woudn't know that a P4 with a bazillion gflops is not normal but a 16 processor multi-core Xeon server would be. All they have to do is change the open source code to pretend to be a better machine and who would know the difference? No one. Not unless the "95th percentile" is ALL active hosts and not active hosts with the same type and number of processors. If that's the case, then the guys with those boxes truly are getting shafted. That's what worries me about this change.