I've been doing some thinking... (I can hear the "uh-ohs" and groans already! )...
The reason I don't crunch much SETI anymore is simply a poor credits thing. However, I know a lot has been said in the past regarding "issues" within the scientific portion of the project, and how they will ne er find anything at all because the project's data or what have you is flawed from the beginning.

Now, considering the phenomenal number of computers hooked up to project SETI@Home, the countless hours of computer time and electricity going down the tubes for this. . . Not to mention it is (or rather, it should be) the cornerstone project and shinning example of what Distributed computing power can do for humanity...

Does anyone else see the insanity of it all? If there is error in either the scientific method applied to the data, problems with storing it or algorithm errors or whatever the case may be; is there some way the project can be salvaged from a scientific standpoint?

I will come out and say I think it a bit arrogant of the human race to think we are alone or even "higher on the food chain" than anything else out there in the universe. It's a great idea to continue the search or at least stay open to it, so that's why I'm curious for details on what exactly is wrong with the project, and if it can be salvaged.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2