Thread: Setting so BOINC reports completed WUs instantly?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member

Re: Setting so BOINC reports completed WUs instantly?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    So app_config works with BOINC 7.0.4xx and higher. Is there one of the newer versions that is actually somewhat stable? I'm doing CPU crunching only.
    app_config works only with versions 7.0.42 and above. I'm currently using 7.0.56 and it's very stable but there are now newer versions out. As an FYI you can't use an app_info file in the versions of BOINC above 7.0.42. Your tasks will complete and upload but they will not report. The app_config system is 100x easier anyway so I would recommend updating your BOINC client and using it.

I do not know if you can limit it to run like 4 different cpu only projects and X GPU projects on a machine.
    Yes, you can do that. You can run as many different CPU projects as you have CPU cores available or you can split your cores up to run CPU and GPU tasks simultaneously from different projects.

Another bonus of updating to client 7.0.55 and above is that you can modify the app_config files on the run and not have to shut down and restart BOINC every time you make a change or add an app_config file to a project. Just go the the BOINC manager and select Advanced>Read config file.
    Last edited by nanoprobe; 04-02-13 at 01:01 PM.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.