Quote Originally Posted by Sphynx View Post
Edit: I did change the thermal paste on that processor with no change in temps at all.
That thought crossed my mind but when you said you and bryan both have the 2nd cpu high temps too I figured it wasn't thermal paste, wish it was that easy. My theory is that all the hot air generated from the first cpu continues on to "cool" the 2nd cpu, but obviously its now hotter. I thought an AIO would be good for the 2nd cpu if you can make it work. I figure it gives you the space savings on the cpu mounting area and is near immune from the exhaust of the 2nd cpu depending on where the AIO res is mounted.

There looks to be space for two 90mm (my guess) fans right above the I/O area inside the case. I'm going to wait for a day off to crack it open and actually pull the riser and have a look. In the meantime I have one 120mm fan mounted(taped) over the area i think is for the smaller fans. It definity pulls a lot of hot air out, temps dropped a few C but a permanent solution is needed.

Whats funny is the 2nd cpu seems to be favored, more work load on those cores than on the first cpu, could just be the current WU assignments though.