Thread: $100 cruncher

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Re: $100 cruncher

UPDATE:

I don't think the Collatz Micro will run on Windows. I tried to download some and it wouldn't give me any. Those are for Android and Arm machines.

I haven't done anymore on trying to get BU running on the Kangaroos. There are some gotchas that make them unusable for my "remote" application. There is no BIOS so I can't set them up to reboot on a power failure. I use that feature to reboot machines if they get hung up ... I cycle the power on a programmable power strip. When these are plugged in they go into a charging/standby mode until you press the power button. Also, since it is Win 10 it does the automatic update thing which is unacceptable to me.

They are excellent for stars/hours and that is the way I will use them. I'll take them back to TX after Christmas and use them where I can push the button if needed

I figured out a solution for running my miners. I was using an old laptop but the fan crapped out 2 days before we headed south. I finally remembered that we had a small HP Netbook which is a tiny Win7 computer w/ a dual core Atom processor. We used to use that for email when we traveled. I blew the dust off and now I have it controlling some RM35s so I'm back in business

One nice thing about coming back to CO for Christmas is that I have the machines crunching SRBase full bore and heat is no issue at all. When it is 30 degrees outside all you have to do is open the window slightly

EDIT: I found out how to stop the automatic update.
    Last edited by Bryan; 12-21-15 at 05:53 PM.