Thread: Teamviewer nag

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Re: Teamviewer nag

No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    No way to kill it. I talked to them last year asking that question and they said on the freebie it was a fact of life. I asked if they hadn't licensing somewhere between the freebie and the business account and they said no. So it is a case of spending bunches of money or living with it.
    Or downgrading. The version I use does everything I need it to do.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Ambassador from TSBT scole of TSBT's Avatar

My home PC is now able to connect to any system with a nag except my work PC. I still have a time limit connecting to it and any system I connect to from my work PC has the 40-50 second time limit. I've installed RealVNC as an alternative for the time being. The free version allows 5 PCs to the setup under an account and has a similar authentication method as TV; log into a main account, ability to connect to systems logged into the same account with additional pwd authentication. Free version doesn't have file transfer and I couldn't get it work on Linux Mint 17.3, first attempt anyway. Anydesk scares me. Any hacker who guesses a valid system id can beat away on your system trying to get in. I couldn't get Anydesk to accept a remote connection either.
    Last edited by scole of TSBT; 07-24-18 at 09:34 PM.