Thread: Holly Chit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Administrator

Re: Holly Chit

So that was close to 70 hours? Hmmm...makes me almost want to give 'er another shot.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    So that was close to 70 hours? Hmmm...makes me almost want to give 'er another shot.
    yeah almost 70 hours with 8 threads @ 3.8GHz

BTW: Go Go Intel!
    Last edited by John P. Myers; 04-27-11 at 12:53 AM.

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    yeah almost 70 hours with 8 threads @ 3.8GHz

BTW: Go Go Intel!
    OK...I am going to try again. I'll match your O/C, too - AMD PhenomII X6 1100T @ 3.8GHz. Here we go...

Silver Member

OK...I am going to try again. I'll match your O/C, too - AMD PhenomII X6 1100T @ 3.8GHz. Here we go...
    I don't think your rig can handle it!
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

Past Administrator

LoL - it may be something with my rig or it may be something with the project, but it went from bad to ugly last night. I literally did not go to bed; tried multiple installs of different versions of Windows and Linux...no go on any of them. As soon as AQUA so much as starts a WU, it crashes, and I don't mean a little. Sometimes it even does something weird like kills the CPU, but leaves the fans running real slow...kind of eerie almost.
    I am baffled by this one. Every other project, even ones that are more "demanding" and run hotter than AQUA, they all run fine.
    Any ideas? I'm a little tired and miffed to be honest.

Silver Member

LoL - it may be something with my rig or it may be something with the project, but it went from bad to ugly last night. I literally did not go to bed; tried multiple installs of different versions of Windows and Linux...no go on any of them. As soon as AQUA so much as starts a WU, it crashes, and I don't mean a little. Sometimes it even does something weird like kills the CPU, but leaves the fans running real slow...kind of eerie almost.
    I am baffled by this one. Every other project, even ones that are more "demanding" and run hotter than AQUA, they all run fine.
    Any ideas? I'm a little tired and miffed to be honest.
    I donno I had a written out plan to catch you by end of year, but now I'm going to have to come up with something new. going to cost me another 2k. the twins are only going to produce 1.2-1.5 but and every time you say your done the next week you add 200k to your rac .
    People do not grow old no matter how long we live. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great Mystery into which we

JerWA

Wish I could help, but I've still never had weird AQUA issues like this, even when it was running on laptops and first generation quad cores that only barely met spec.

But I also have no AMD quads. Maybe when I get around to upgrading my girlfriends machine (currently an X2-550) I'll enter the realm of unreliable AQUA.