Thread: 2019 Upgrades - Need Suggestions!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 2019 Upgrades - Need Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Just a shot: Sometimes, there are two power connections on the MB, one for each CPU. Do you have both CPUs powered?
    The Supermicro X-10's do have two, they are off white plastic and located right next to the main PS connection, they have sticky tags over them telling you that you have to connect both of them. Pretty hard to miss...

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by Egilman View Post
    The Supermicro X-10's do have two, they are off white plastic and located right next to the main PS connection, they have sticky tags over them telling you that you have to connect both of them. Pretty hard to miss...
    Yes, I plugged 8-pin CPU power to both those connectors. I have another CPU coming today, I'll try that and see if it makes any difference. If not, I'll get the RMA started

Quote Originally Posted by FourOh View Post
    Yes, I plugged 8-pin CPU power to both those connectors. I have another CPU coming today, I'll try that and see if it makes any difference. If not, I'll get the RMA started
    When I had the first one of mine, the service tech told me to drop the second CPU in the #1 socket and see if it boots with the 2nd CPU in single processor mode, it did so I knew the CPU's were ok. He automatically gave me an RMA# and with a credit card# they shipped it out immediately. Got it two days later and it booted fine with both installed....

He told me it happens with about 2-3% of the X-10 dual and quad MB's they ship, something to do with the way the sockets are installed on the MB in assembly.... (It's very touchy and if not precise, it breaks something)

But no issues with the RMA though. Smooth as glass.....