Thread: Anyone know when we'll get more info on AMD Bulldozers?

Past Administrator

Anyone know when we'll get more info on AMD Bulldozers?

Just chomping at the bit for more info on these things . . . anyone know why they're taking so long and how can the lid be sealed so tight on the info? Usually SOMEONE leaks us some good info before the time's up, but it seems like a big nadda here...

Past Administrator

Re: Anyone know when we'll get more info on AMD Bulldozers?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Just chomping at the bit for more info on these things . . . anyone know why they're taking so long and how can the lid be sealed so tight on the info? Usually SOMEONE leaks us some good info before the time's up, but it seems like a big nadda here...
    Hmmm,

Just a wild guess here but maybe Bulldozer can't plow through all the hype.... Uber fail?

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Past Admin

Danish HW sites states that it will hit retail on 4īth quarter this year, with the highend model coming on 1īst quarter 2012...Performance is still to be known...But they do state that next Intel CPU is not all that - so AMD has a fair shot in my book..!
    Proud member of SETI.USA since 28īth December 2005.

Joined old MB Dec. 28th 2005 - 5837 posts

Sept 26 release date.

256 bit floating point unit, isolated on die from processors.

No details about integrated FPU though.

Before anyone starts killing AMD, please examine the performance of 16x 2.0 Ghz AMD cores in my PrimeGrid Profile page. No one can discredit the crunching capabilities of 32 core capability of these new processors.

I think we will see an improvement in single thread crunching, but the trade off will be less scaling of this power at 100% utilization.

Check my work at BayReviews.com and Epinions.com, very busy with a flood of hardware including the new A8 3850 which I hope to have crunching PrimeGrid in the next 24 hours. Finally, will be attending CES 2012 with a Press Badge. Hope to see some of you there!
    Just another little goldfish... steamrollin the competition one project at a time!
    Staff Hardware Reviewer - BayReviews.com
    Top Reviewer - Computer Hardware - Epinions.com