Thread: problem with BOINC and remote accessing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Re: problem with BOINC and remote accessing

I think you guys have it right. It is when you try to use Windows built-in remote software because I remember the problem of the GPUs shutting down. If you use a true VNC like TeamViewer or UltraVNC then I don't think there is an issue.

Boy this topic is sure dusting off the old cob webs. My memory isn't what it used to be

When I'm at home (with the computers) I only have 1 machine that has a keyboard, mouse, and monitor on it. The other machines are all controlled with BoincTasks and TeamViewer.

Silver Member

Re: problem with BOINC and remote accessing

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    When I'm at home (with the computers) I only have 1 machine that has a keyboard, mouse, and monitor on it. The other machines are all controlled with BoincTasks and TeamViewer.
    Thats a good point what you can do is use boinctask (think there is another one that does it to if you dont like it) which controls boinc on the other computers over the network. Just install on a pc that doesnt run a gpu project that way when your home you can either turn on or off the gpu project when you want and if your like me and forget when you leave the house can atleast remote to the machine that can control it and turn it off so he can go back to doing what he was doing. I know it can be allot but i would atleast recomend playing with bointask and once you get a feel for it then present him with this idea.