Thread: Intel makes a home for Big Brother on Ivy Bridge.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Administrator

Re: Intel makes a home for Big Brother on Ivy Bridge.

Dang...you think they will keep it out of the higher-end SB-E socket 2011 lineup (or Ivy Brige-E in this case?)

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Dang...you think they will keep it out of the higher-end SB-E socket 2011 lineup (or Ivy Brige-E in this case?)
    No unfortunately not. This is aimed squarely at the entire consumer market segment.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Looks like I will have to stick with AMD for all my plundering and pillaging needs.

Silver Member

You know this stuff is so upsetting and its not the part that having some secure way of encoding media streaming to be secure its the fact they dont tell you up front what it is excatly and what the media providores are able to see about your computer or able to do to your computer, Its scares the dickens out of me. Example i use netflix so if they decide to use this whatever its called and then a hacker starts working for the company and then all of sudden they have direct access to something on the cpu that bipasses all my firewall and security then runs some script that gets info on my bank accounts and so forth.. Not cool i should always be able to control wether i want it or not and if i connect to netflix with it disabled well then thats my choice but i guess that means intel wont be my future choice or am i going to have to buy a xeon to avoid it, who knows..