Thread: BOINC Tasks - finding other computers on network?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Administrator

Re: BOINC Tasks - finding other computers on network?

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    Thanks to Bryan, I am finally trying BOINC Tasks instead of trying to manage every computer here directly.

I have installed Boinc Tasks on each rig, and it is running on them along with BOINC being open. How do I add all the computers into BOINC Tasks on my laptop so I can control them all from there? I go to "Find Computers" and click Find - but no love, nothing ever shows up?
    For the record, all 4 computers (this is including the laptop) are running Win7 X64, and all on a home group. I can access each one through the Windows Explorer.

Thanks for any help!
    First you don't need to run the original BM GUI anymore. BOINC Tasks can start and stop the local BOINC client on it own. For versions 6.xx.xx of BM, goto Menu > Advanced > options and under the General tab uncheck the box for "Run manager at login?" then shutdown BM. In version 7.xx.xx goto Menu > Tools > Options.

Now if you have Firewalls on those machine (And you should) you will need to configure each machine to allow boinc.exe inbound and outbound TCP?UDP network access on port 31416. Also BOINC Tasks will need the same on its machine.

Finally in BOINC Tasks click the "Computers" button to switch the window view, then on the main menu click computer > Add Computer and repeat for each system you wish to add.

In the computer list window for each system row click the individual cells to edit its contents.

F$

Edit: Better instructions (Here)
    Last edited by Fire$torm; 04-28-12 at 06:00 PM.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6