Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
Sounds good. Not sure the nthreads part is needed since, depending upon the project and the hardware being used, and whether it is for dedicated crunching or not will make a difference. Most app info files are for running a single WU at a time and adjusting the command line parameters. Some affect how many WUs to run at a time, but those (think POEM) also require messing around with both the avg_cpus as well as the count of the GPUs. So, rather than include threads in the subject, my suggestion would be to have a section for notes that explains how to tweak the app info (e.g. to run 6 POEM WUs on 1 GPU , you set the avg_cpus to 1 but set the count to 0.166 which is 1/6; to run 4 WUs on 1 GPU allocating 50% of a CPU for each WU, use avg_cpus = 0.5 and count = 0.25; etc ). That way those who are long division challenged can look up the settings and we wouldn't need to have 25 versions of the exact same app info. And, when you figure one per platform per OS type per GPU type, that could be hundreds of the same one with only the counts being different.
Sounds good to me and easy enough to do.

I'd change the Subject line of the app_info I posted, but only an administrator can do that (for whatever reason).