Thread: QMC: Project moving, maybe starting over

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Past Administrator

Re: QMC: Project moving, maybe starting over

Then why doesn't someone just contact them via the project's website and explain to them just how uber stupid DA is...???

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    Then why doesn't someone just contact them via the project's website and explain to them just how uber stupid DA is...???
    Yeah! What he said...

Silver Member

I give up. I've seen several posts referencing "DA". Just curious, who or what is "DA" and why are they still there?

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by somanyroads View Post
    I give up. I've seen several posts referencing "DA". Just curious, who or what is "DA" and why are they still there?
    DA = Dave Anderson who is the guy that started the SETI distributed computing project, now know as SETI Classic (???) and the current BOINC distributed computing system/platform.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

DA = Dave Anderson who is the guy that started the SETI distributed computing project, now know as SETI Classic (???) and the current BOINC distributed computing system/platform.
    Thanks. There seems to be a number of Admin and former Admin on this project very knowledgable about what they speak. I'm guessing you are all of the same time period as in the start of distributed computing. Some day you will have to tell the rest of us about it, or as Paul Harvey would say, The Rest of the Story.

Nuadormrac

Quote Originally Posted by somanyroads View Post
    DA would be the one who decided to take a galactic sized dump on us all with this thing called credit new; and the one that if ET were to contact us and were to read up on his ideas on credits, they'd probably end up getting the idea that we're all a bit foolish and perhaps not worth taking the time to communicate with, while passing by on their way to Orion's Belt

Perhaps someone should just point the admins there the way of FreeHAL's admins and others, and suggest they speak to these guys, rather then to DA...