Thread: Motherboard Choice ???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Motherboard Choice ???

... Now I'm really Confused, Thanks Guy'z ...

1'st off I don't have any particular Project in mind that I'm thinking of Updating the Box's for, all of them I guess. The Q6600 Quad Cores in them now I've been running for 6 Years as I got them as soon as they came out. Their just old & inefficient power wasters when compared to today's CPU's so it's time to Upgrade them, if not now then when the Haswells come out next year. From what I'm reading about the Haswells though is their not going to be much if any faster than whats being offered now, I'm sure they'll be a little faster in some areas but nothing dramatic.

I knew about the MSI Board having problems with the Ivy Bridge CPU's but should have read more I guess. Here's a MSI Board that might work & is $30 cheaper than the Intel Board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813130644

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post
    WTG Ste\/e! Can't wait to see your production curve...

@JPM: Regarding that add-on card you posted about. They note that the card will boot using IB but only after a BIOS update. I would suggest doing the update from a SB system just to be safe.
    Probably won't be any more than what it's now, the Upgrades are for the CPU's mainly so my GPU Output isn't going to increase much if any ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 11-18-12 at 03:06 PM.