Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donate@Home Uber Fail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Friend of SETI.USA

Re: Donate@Home Uber Fail

F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-07-13 at 03:06 PM.

Silver Member

Well the registry additions did not fix my Donate hangs either. So I guess I will try your batch file and see what it does, though I did have to change it to "C:\PROGRAM FILES\BOINC". Since that is where My Boinc program was installed.
    BOINC Sees it - BOINC DOES it!

Friend of SETI.USA

I set it up on just one Box & left the Times you had the same. I did set the rule for 21 Minutes though, I can run 2 in about 18-19 Minutes, anything over that & the Wu is probably Hung so 21 Minutes should work. I'll see if I have it right on the one Box before trying the others ...

Friend of SETI.USA

Well that didn't work either, woke up this morning with both Wu's Hung & running yet. One was at 6 Hr's the other at 25 Min's so it just hung ... So now the Problem appears to be that the .bat file won't stop the Wu when it should at 21 Min's ...

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by STE\/E View Post
    F$, does the .bat file go in the same Directory where the Projects Directory is or the Directory where the boinccmd.exe is ??? Thanks, gonna give it a try since I don't feel to bad from the Kidney Treatment ...
    Hey Ste\/e,

Glad to hear the blast didn't mess with the rest of you...

The /bat file can go anywhere you want. I would suggest creating a subfolder in the BOINC directory. This way if you upgrade BOINC, it hopefully won't get deleted. For me, since I use a lot of batch files I just gave them their own root level folder in a different HDD partition so they won't get lost or deleted.

Just remember to point the BoincTask rule to wherever you end up putting the .bat file

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Friend of SETI.USA

Weird, I just happened to be watching the one Box with the .bat file & it did Suspend the 2 Wu's after 21 Min's but then after 15 Min's of Suspension it still hadn't restarted the 2 Wu's ... ??? ... I had to manually restart the 2 Wu's

EDIT: Just had another Wu's Suspend after 21 Min's but had to Manually Restart it again ... sigh ... I think I've had it with this Project, it's just a PITA to try & run ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-31-13 at 09:14 AM.

Past Administrator

B4 you throw in the towel....

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

This edit of the .bat file will allow you to see what it is doing.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post

It sounds like Choice is not working. Open a command prompt, type choice /? and press enter. It should display the choice help message with all the options available.

If that works then open the .bat file and delete the very first line :@ECHO OFF. Now go to the last line and change the word Exit to Pause and then save the .bat file. Now double click the .bat file to run it.

Yeha, that was that Swiss knife that I cut myself with. It seems I am not the only one.

I never could understand that thing but I can program in COBOL, ancient things for an ancient guy.
    Friends are like diamonds and diamonds are forever

Friend of SETI.USA

Quote Originally Posted by Fire$torm View Post

I may have found the problem & am trying it again, I was up making the changes as you were posting that. I looked at the .bat file & I had the wrong Path/Directory for the boinccmd.exe, I changed it to the proper Path & will see what happens when a Wu Hangs. If it works okay I'll set up a couple more Box's but for now have them chewing on the WCG ATI Wu's ...
    Last edited by STE\/E; 01-31-13 at 03:04 PM.

Past Administrator

Sounds good to me Ste\/e.

Btw, for anyone that used to run Donate but stopped because of their server not talking to the wu's, it looks like they found a workaround. Probably using some kind of script to monitor network communications and reset server/network when problems are detected. Basically that end of the project works now, so all you need is set up the reset rule and associated .bat file and you are golden!

@Steve: Could you plz post your Donate app_info.xml file ? I want to try doubling up on my xx70's.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast