Thread: POEM: New clients out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member

Re: POEM: New clients out

Now that there is a new app, and we can use app_config.xml instead of app_info.xml, does the dual nvidia card problem still exist?
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Now that there is a new app, and we can use app_config.xml instead of app_info.xml, does the dual nvidia card problem still exist?
    Yes you can use the app_config but you have to update boinc to 7.0.44. I don't know if the dual Nvidia card problem still exists. Hopefully the new POEM 1.4 app addressed that issue.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Past Admin

Quote Originally Posted by nanoprobe View Post
    Yes you can use the app_config but you have to update boinc to 7.0.44. I don't know if the dual Nvidia card problem still exists. Hopefully the new POEM 1.4 app addressed that issue.
    I'll play with it in my dual box after the PG challenge and post my results.

Silver Member

So do I need to change my app info file or update boinc or both. I'm confused.

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    Well, I'm still getting work on all 4 of my boxes that can run POEM, so I'm not messing with it until that changes. Not super interested in installing the bleeding-edge BOINC Client for a single project. Especially if it's not yet necessary.

Although, the new apps are supposedly a bit improved and should get slightly better credit it seems.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    Well, I'm still getting work on all 4 of my boxes that can run POEM, so I'm not messing with it until that changes. Not super interested in installing the bleeding-edge BOINC Client for a single project. Especially if it's not yet necessary.

Although, the new apps are supposedly a bit improved and should get slightly better credit it seems.
    FWIW the new BOINC using an app_config can be used with any project. You can even run multiple different projects at the same time on the same machine by just assigning x amount of cores to each project. On my test machine I'm currently running WCG, POGS, Asteroids and SIMAP.
    Last edited by nanoprobe; 01-15-13 at 11:24 AM.

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaptainkarl1 View Post
    Update BOINC to 7.0.44. In this version the app_info is replaced with an app_config which is 1000x easier to work with.

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    Well, I tried it with my 590 + 560 Ti 2win (two dual GPU cards). No app_config.xml at all. Just the default app, one per GPU. Still the same old errors. I doubt running an app_config.xml, with more tasks per GPU would help.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne