Thread: Would like to run this, buuuuttttt... (Config file help)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member

Re: Would like to run this, buuuuttttt... (Config file help)

You can put this file in your cc_config.xml in the BOINC directory:

<fetch_minimal_work>0|1</fetch_minimal_work>

(Fetch one job per device (see --fetch_minimal_work). List-add.pngNew in 6.11)

Remember to tell BOINC to re-read config files each time you make a change. Otherwise the changes won't be picked up until the next time you restart BOINC.

That way you will get only one task at a time. It will give you time to suspend the project after attaching, so you can add an app_config.xml. Also, no, app_config.xml does not effect the amount of work your client normally asks for. For example, lets say you have an 8 thread machine, but allow a project to use only 2 threads. So BOINC *should* be smart enough to know to ask for only 1/4 of your normal queue size. This came up on the mail lists a while back. DA said that maybe they will address that later. Anyway, let it download however much it wants. It will auto abort un-started tasks if/when they go past due.

Here are all the config file settings, for both cc_config.xml and app_config.xml:

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Client_configuration
    Last edited by zombie67; 04-18-14 at 10:54 PM.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne