Thread: Sapphire Warranty RMA Experience

Gold Member

Sapphire Warranty RMA Experience

I've never had to use Warranty RMA on a graphics card, and based on a quick search I wasn't expecting a quick painless experience with Sapphire... But, that's exactly what I got. My HD 7790 stopped behaving after 18 months of use so last month I requested an RMA, and received authorization and a shipping label the same day. From then it was just under 2 weeks and I had a replacement (refurb) card in hand. Now I just need a slot for it

On the other hand, I'm on my 3rd warranty RMA with Corsair memory (OK I'll stop buying cheap RAM), and that process typically takes about 4 weeks - but at least they've never refused to replace a defective unit. I've heard mostly positive reviews of EVGA's RMA process, which is one of the reasons I prefer them for Nvidia products. Any other positive RMA experiences? Most people who post about warranty service are griping, so it's hard to tell if any of the manufacturers out there are doing it right.

Administrator

Re: Sapphire Warranty RMA Experience

I used to have quite a few GPUs ... in the "old" days. I pushed the heck out of them - always abusing them. XFX was phenomenal on RMA. Personally I wouldn't buy anything else for AMD.

EDIT: I'm probably the reason that XFX stopped giving a "lifetime" warranty

Administrator

Thermaltake impressed me when I burnt up a psu. Easy and fast.

Gold Member

I have a bucnh of Western Digital 1 TB HDD and I burnt one up with a power supply surge and they even sent me a return shipping label and a new HDD.

RETIRED. NO JOB. NO MONEY. NO WORRIES!

Crunched SETI Classic to the end.

SETI@home classic workunits
    SETI@home classic CPU time 86,861 hours

Past Administrator

Other then Dell, I've had positive experiences with Tt eSports, Gigabyte, Corsair, Zalman & Cooler Master.

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I used to have quite a few GPUs ... in the "old" days. I pushed the heck out of them - always abusing them. XFX was phenomenal on RMA. Personally I wouldn't buy anything else for AMD.

EDIT: I'm probably the reason that XFX stopped giving a "lifetime" warranty
    I totally agree here. To date I'm still in love with my XFX GPU. I've done some things to cause the card to lock up. I've also done things to unlock the card after. It's been a real trooper. My HIS HD cards both have the GPU coolers fried. Before I bought my first XFX GPU, I was using EVGA nvidia GPUs. The first few were great. Then with my 9500GT and after, I've had to Frankenstein them due to the coolers not lasting. As far as PSU goes, I was using OCZ. That was both a goodPSU and a nightmare. lol I'm still not too sure about the company who bought the PSU division due to........the need to remove the "do not remove/void warranty" sticker to get the dust out. With luck I'll never have a need to do a warranty repair on anything in the future. (like that will come true)

Platinum Member

I RMA'd a Gigabyte board a few weeks ago. Was pretty simple and had it repaired and returned in under 2 weeks. The speed didn't matter to me since it's a spare Z77 board, but if i had needed it, it's nice to know they didn't sit on it for a month or more.

The only other thing i ever RMA'd was a Rockminer i bought from Jones Gear off Amazon. They sent me a working replacement before requiring me to send in the defective unit. Pretty sweet deal there.

I have an MSI R9 280X that i need to RMA (it was DOA), but i'm being evil and waiting until next year when the warranty almost runs out. Then i'm hoping they won't have another 280X to replace it with and will have to send me a 380X

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by John P. Myers View Post
    I have an MSI R9 280X that i need to RMA (it was DOA), but i'm being evil and waiting until next year when the warranty almost runs out. Then i'm hoping they won't have another 280X to replace it with and will have to send me a 380X
    Nice plan! Maybe I should have held out, maybe I could have gotten a 260X or better if I'd held out

Glad to see so much love for XFX. I have a PSU of theirs (built by Seasonic) and it's doing well. I recently snagged one of their R9 280s at a bit of a clearance price (retailers like Newegg and Tigerdirect aren't even showing them in USD on searches anymore, only 280Xs). It's the double dissipation variety, but not a black edition. This one, precisely:

http://www.amazon.com/XFX-Double-933...dp/B00J44WVYG#

I read a few reviews and XFX shows solid GPU temps, but with a little more digging I saw they have crap for VRM cooling. Great. I want to lean on the manufacturer's warranty, but one incident of my being out shipping back and forth eats up whatever savings I got for the card. I did get the SquareTrade coverage on it because I've killed a 280X or two and heard good things about them, but from what I read in the terms it sounds like they don't give a crap until past the two year mark from XFX. Will they speed the RMA process, get me a new card or money faster, or any other benefit, or should I just cancel?

Anyone have any experience with this card? Is it going to hold up? The second I open the box, any attempts to return it will probably have to go through the manufacturer. As of right now, I can still turn around and return the whole bit without being out much.