Thread: Hi again :)

Hi again :)

Hey all,

So I've been inactive for a few years. I started a new career, bought a house, had a baby, and some other stuff. Now I'd like to ease back in. What's everyone's favorite project? How about Science United? Does S. U. count towards the teams boinc total?

PIII

Silver Member

Re: Hi again :)

Welcome back PIII, I still favor the medical type of projects Rosetta, WCG.

https://scienceunited.org/doc/ui_goals.pdf

Past Administrator

Hi! Great to have you back crunching with us. I have to admit my favorite projects are those that have higher credits. lol But I've been hitting MM's in "low credit" projects for a bit now, just to raise my average. I like the concept behind projects like WCG, but also the science behind things like Milkyway and Einstein...and lastly I will always have a soft spot for SETI just because of the "what if" and that I crunched it back in college during the SETI Classic days before BOINC even existed.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Project III View Post
    Hey all,

So I've been inactive for a few years. I started a new career, bought a house, had a baby, and some other stuff. Now I'd like to ease back in. What's everyone's favorite project? How about Science United? Does S. U. count towards the teams boinc total?

PIII
    Incidentally, you should have it as policy due to the anonymous nature of SU that there's no support for folks who use work-arounds to get BOINC style stats.

From what I've read, SU credits users run time, not credits, so no, it wouldn't count toward team boinc credits.

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

Al, in that case I'll find a specific project to run on BOINC. Thanks.

Heya P3, long time no see. I just got back into the game too so heya for the old guard huh?

Quote Originally Posted by rhihannisu View Post
    Heya P3, long time no see. I just got back into the game too so heya for the old guard huh?
    Heya! Good to see you and everyone!