Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Options and opinions

Gold Member

Re: Options and opinions

to me, empty slots means you're not done yet!
    I SO want to turn this perverted.

Diamond Member

There is something I need to learn because I dont know nothing about and I need to know. As I never used GPUs Before I dont know a thing about video connectors. Can anyone help me in this matter DMI/HDMI/VGA and so on or if there is a good site about this it would be very nice. Thanks in advance.

Lost Duke

Gold Member

Well, I have to ask: what are you trying to do? Crunching, hook your TV up to your computer??

valyn42

The house closing went ok. There for 3 hours, they lost paperwork, blah blah blah. But we be done!!

Going with DrPops case selection, and Maxwell's 570 recommendation.

And the trigger has been pulled, with UPS 3-day should be here in time for a weekend build!

Past Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Buckingham View Post
    There is something I need to learn because I dont know nothing about and I need to know. As I never used GPUs Before I dont know a thing about video connectors. Can anyone help me in this matter DMI/HDMI/VGA and so on or if there is a good site about this it would be very nice. Thanks in advance.

Lost Duke
    Wikipedia:
    List of Video Connectors
    Video Card Outputs
    Computer Display Standard

Future Maker? Teensy 3.6

Diamond Member

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    Well, I have to ask: what are you trying to do? Crunching, hook your TV up to your computer??
    No I had a small problem my computer didnt install the GPU HD5450 because I didnt connected the monitor. Well no one told me I must do it. It so stupid I know. and I just dont understand were I should connect the monitor since the hd5450 and the hd5870 have several connectors. Damn is so stupid but i just dont know.

Platinum Member

Lost Duke
    In terms of crunching, the connectors don't matter. It only matters in terms of how you want to hook the monitor/TV up to the graphics card.

VGA are the old style plugs that old monitors have. Most new monitors have these plugs, though not all graphics cards have them.

DVI are newer style plugs, and most graphics cards and newer monitors come with them. They are also readily convertible to VGA if you have an old monitor.

HDMI are new HiDef plugs that HDTVs come with. They also carry sound with them, so you don't need separate cords for sound.

Honestly, there are converters from one to the other. The easiest thing to do is make sure the output from your GPU matches the input on your monitor. And you should be fine. Of course, further details may have specialized answers, but that's the main thing.

Platinum Member

No I had a small problem my computer didnt install the GPU HD5450 because I didnt connected the monitor. Well no one told me I must do it. It so stupid I know. and I just dont understand were I should connect the monitor since the hd5450 and the hd5870 have several connectors. Damn is so stupid but i just dont know.
    Oh yeah - ATI cards require you to connect a monitor (or dummy plug) to them. CUDA cards don't.

Gold Member

To try and understand...
    my computer didnt install the GPU HD5450 because I didnt connected the monitor.
    Does this mean that you computer does not recognize the 5450? Or are you having problems getting the monitor to work?

Gold Member

Oh yeah - ATI cards require you to connect a monitor (or dummy plug) to them. CUDA cards don't.
    Or has Max has insturcted me before, Crossfire them and use the old 10.10 drivers if you are just crunching MW.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast