Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nividia Titan

Past Admin
    They seek me here, they seek me there, they seek me everywhe, currently Down Under.

Re: Nividia Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DrPop View Post
    So it's probably fairly good performance per watt then. That machine with BOTH 590 & 580 must be sucking some serious juice!
    DrPop, I was thinking of the same thing. (Like minded people think alike, only fools never differ), than again, if those GPU's were on their own in different machines, would it not consume same power as the two in one machine?. Irrespective, these GPU's consume too much power and cost me heaps when the power bill comes around...

Silver Member

zombie67, are you using the software that came with your card or a third party software package like MSI Burner. Reason I'm asking is I've recently installed the EVGA model in my system and the software has the clock at a little over 550MHZ when the card itself should be closer to 837MHz. This has me concerned due to the fact it isn't even trying to boost when I'm running boinc. Will post a screen shot this evening of the software screen and maybe figure this out. I'm hoping its not a faulty card
    It's not the love of a hero, that's why I fear it won't do
    Chad Kroeger

Diamond Member

No software was required to make it run at that speed.

However, I am using the EVGA precision x to play around with OC.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by zombie67 View Post
    No software was required to make it run at that speed.

However, I am using the EVGA precision x to play around with OC.
    Same here with the Precision X. The card made a liar out of me after I checked it during lunch during the burn test, 1056MHz boosted at auto fan speed I'm much happier. I don't know if it was just not engaging during the seti WU's or the Primegrid WU's are just beefier requiring it to spin up to full burn.

Will post a screen of my setup with Precision and see if maybe we can squeeze a bit more out of the card, it seems like its getting plenty of power but I did get a V-core warning during some gaming last night so I'll see what is going on with the CPU power.
    Chad Kroeger

Silver Member

Question: Water cooling, will it ultimately be worth it? I'm seeing in most of the reviews it does the obvious, keep the temp down. I'm still not sold on it making the card perform significantly better...most of the reviews only give a 10% difference in performance, would it be worth the extra 200 bucks.
    Chad Kroeger

Platinum Member

First, seti doesn't work the titan hard enough half the time for it to run at full speed. 2nd my titan is water cooled. 1071 mhz standard speed out of the box. Highest temp it's ever reached was 39C on Dirt. The catch is some of the RAM is on the back of the card so you'll still need a gentle breeze blowing across there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Diamond Member

Yes, I have to run 2-3 setiathome_v7 tasks at a time to get load up to 100%.
    "Don't confront me with my failures, I had not forgotten them" - Jackson Browne

Gold Member

Any advice for overclocking the Titans? Very little out there that I can find for the Titan Black (no real surprise there). I figure both Titan models are not really all that different, please share your wisdom/experience. Articles on how to O.C. Titans are the most varied I have read for any card, mainly because of the way the card manages boost and temps and folks desire to increase voltage.

Currently running the Titan Black at 1212 Mhz core, 3703 Mhz memory, stock voltage, +106% power, and custom fan profile; crunching on GPUGrid. I should probably tune it in on a project like collatz first so I don't loose a 8+ hour wu, but what the heck it.

Past Administrator

Where did you get the titan black? i haven't been able to find it in stock anywhere... I have the original titan, and I am overclocking it some, but it sounds like you already have the basic idea. I use MSI afterburner as my overclocking tool.

Gold Member

I got it from evga.com the first day they released, kept an eye on the main sites until they appeared, than pondered it for awhile. When they started to disappear from the sites later in the day, I pulled the trigger.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast